Social media giant Facebook has decided to back the startup Meesho, its first investment in India. The platform picked up a minority stake in the social-commerce firm. The investment is estimated to be worth $25 million (Rs 172 crore). But this isn’t the first time Meesho has procured massive funds. The Bengaluru-based startup has already […]
To provide updates on how top social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Twitter) are impacting India in different spheres as well as their progress. These platforms are showing the country new ways of promoting films, uniting the masses through online movements and even investing in digital startups, among so much more. However, there are always two sides to a coin. Numerous problems have also come forth which we cover in the ‘issues’ section.
- Anything can go viral: The Quint’s social media head
- Why trusting handles based on number of followers is a bad idea
- Does social media need regulation?
- Meesho: Facebook’s first startup investment in India
- The increasing role of social media for film promotion
- Instagram data leak reported in Mumbai, Facebook responds
- Facebook, Whatsapp remain top choice for social media news consumption despite controversies
- WhatsApp announces five winners of startup challenge